Grace Church was founded in the late 1800’s and moved into the original church building in downtown Willoughby in 1870. After World War II, needing more room, we began looking for a new location. In 1958, thirty-three wooded acres, one mile south of the original church was purchased and by 1963 our current church and undercroft were erected. In the early 1970’s the education wing and rectory were added. Our facilities have been used for camp outs, family picnics, parish parties and a host of Boy Scout activities in the past. Our Memorial Garden was consecrated in 1976.
In the 2000’s, Grace’s leadership entered into a ninety-nine year lease with OPRS (Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services/aka Breckenridge) to build 110 senior independent living apartments known as Grace Woods on sixteen acres of the property. The ground breaking for Grace Woods was in July 2008.